With the Internet taking over and influencing a large part of our lives, especially now with the work from home and social distancing situations in place to tackle coronavirus, more people are looking at ways to earn money with secondary income streams online.
While there are numerous ways to earn money online, some of these might be fake. Also, do not expect to earn a huge amount quickly when using online avenues to earn money.
Now with a situation involving more time at home and/or more free time in general, maybe fewer working hours for some, some of you might have some free time on hands. I have excluded the options of Freelancing, blogging, and vlogging as many of us are already aware of these options and even might have tried their hands on it.
Here are a few online platforms, websites, and tools that can help you earn money online.
- Swagbucks: This 2016 company has been extremely popular as an easy to use money earning website. Here all you have to do is watch videos on YouTube and browse online shopping websites like Amazon. If you love online window shopping and video content, this option is perfect for you. You also have the option to take online surveys and earn gifts and rewards. Once you have created an account you will be assigned a few tasks daily on completion of which the rewards will be sent to you. You can get the money transferred into your bank account or in the form of gift cards and coupons, depending on the tasks.
- DigitalMarket: No matter where your skills lie: online marketing, graphic or web design, content creation, etc., there is a way to utilize them here. This reliable website can help you look for freelance project-based work that pays well. You can also use it to enhance your skills by getting a more in-depth understanding of what skills are in demand in the digital marketing domain.
- Surveys, searches, and reviews: There are several websites offering money to undergo online surveys, carry out online searches, and write reviews on products. To get the credit, one needs to disclose certain information to them including one’s banking details. This is why you should use this route with utmost care. Some of them may even ask you to register with them before working on projects. The most important watch out in such projects is to stay away from fraud websites. Eg. Toppaidsurveys
- Data entry: It is one of the simplest jobs you can do online in India and requires no special skills. You just have to have a computer, Internet connection, fast typing skills, and the ability to pay attention to details. Most freelancing websites list these jobs, and you can sign up on any of them to start earning in the range of INR 300 to INR 1,500 per hour. Data entry jobs can be a decent source of income, especially if you are a student. You need to make sure that you join a legitimate company. You can also do these data entry jobs as a freelancer. You can try Dataentryhelper to start with.
- PTC sites: Several websites offer money (after a minimum level of earning) by clicking on advertisements. Hence, they are called paid-to-click (PTC) sites. One has to get registered before the project begins. Not all of these sites could be genuine, so be careful. One may also refer friends and earn money in the process. Some such sites are ClixSense.com, BuxP and NeoBux.
- Kindle eBook: If writing books interests you, one option you can exercise is self-publish eBooks and paperbacks with Kindle Direct Publishing, and reach millions of readers on Amazon. Publishing takes less than 5 minutes and your book appears on Kindle stores worldwide within 24-48 hours. One can earn up to 70 percent royalty on sales to customers in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, India, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and so on.
- Online tutoring: If you are an expert in a particular subject, you can earn by tutoring people online in the subjects for which you have demonstrated expertise. One may sign up on websites like Udemy, Vedantu.com, MyPrivateTutor.com, BharatTutors.com, Italki as an online tutor by creating a profile, and listing the subjects or classes. You can easily earn a minimum of 25,000 Rupees. People who are working full time are making up to 75,000 Rupees.
- Language translating: Knowing a language other than English may even help you earn some extra money. There are several websites that offer translation projects that require translating a document from one language into another. This may include Spanish, French, Arab, German, or any other language to or from English. For many, this can make the task rather time-consuming and therefore they hire translators available online from anywhere across the globe.
- Sell Photos: If photography is your thing, then you can make it a source of income. All you need is a decent camera, and you are good to go! Various platforms can give you a sound commission for your pictures. Istockphoto and Shutterstock are two such platforms. Some more websites are equally popular. You can also refer photographers and earn some money whenever their photos are purchased. Some other apps like Foam let you sell your photos on your smartphone. If you think clicking pictures is what you are good at, you can earn 400-500 rupees for every click. How cool is that!
- Flipping Websites: All you need is decent web designing skills, which is not the hardest thing to learn. Flipping websites is a lot like buying and selling a domain. The difference is you buy a website, renovate it, and sell it for a much higher price. This kind of business is a lot less uncertain than buying and selling a domain. This business requires very little investment and making attractive websites can fuel your income.
- Stock Market Trading: This method requires you to make some investment in the stock market which requires a lot of knowledge and experience. There are a lot of stocks to invest in. If you are interested in trading and investment, start by reading about the concepts of the stock market. You will need an investment of around 10,000 rupees to make some visible earnings. Also, learn about the type of investments that you can make. Try to figure out whether you are in for a long run or a short run. Make your basics about investment clear. Let your money work for you.
So spend some time exploring them. Be clear with the amount of work you are ready to put in. And try to figure out what kind of work you would like to do from the above-listed options 🙂